Money and Debt Training
Online via Zoom
Money & Debt Training arranged for 21st & 22nd February.
This course is suitable for: Advisors/Student Advisors (whether volunteers or paid). It can also be beneficial for reception staff to help them understand more about the general process that clients/service users may experience. This course is accredited by the Money and Pensions Service.
Over the two sessions, together we will look at:
- What is debt and why do people get into debt?
- The money advice process: initial ground rules and collecting information
- How a client may feel about their situation
- Recognise an emergency situation and advise clients on what emergency action can be taken
- Recognising the difference between priority, non-priority and “square peg” debts
- Identify key issues affecting liability for debt
- Advise a client on how to maximise their income
- An overview of a Standard Financial Statement
- Negotiating with priority creditors
- Calculating clients’ pro-rata offers to non-priority creditors
- Other options and strategies for dealing with debt
This training is funded by the Legal Education Foundation and is free to attend. Each organisation will receive a payment of £20 per full day of training that is completed (the above training counts as one full day which is spread over the two mornings). Please note that this money will only be paid once the whole training programme has been completed and full attendance has been recorded. Participants will be expected to arrive on time and attend every session in full with their cameras on.
What you need to do if you would like to sign up for this programme:
Please complete a registration form. You can find this by clicking on the link below. Please note that you will only be able to book a place on the training programme via the below form. You will not be able to book over the phone or by email:
Please note this course is only available to our member organisations that are based in London, South East an d South West of England.